The Great British Bake Off attracted a peak audience of 7.7m viewers last night when series 8 launched in its new home on Channel 4 – that’s 34.6% share of viewing.
That performance makes it Channel 4’s biggest overnight performance in five years and the biggest peak time share for 16-34 year old viewers in 10 years.
To put it in layman’s terms, that’s the biggest overnight audience since The Paralympic Games Opening Ceremony in August 2012, at 8.3m viewers, and the biggest peak-time share for 16-34 years old viewers since launch of Big Brother.
Twitter seemed to take issue with Noel Fielding’s rather straight-laced approach to his commentary…
— Joseph Harris (@JosephHarrisAFC) August 29, 2017
But what did you think?
Let us know below:
And while you’re here, take our #GBBO quiz to find out if you’re a star baker…
Lead image: Paul Hollywood, Sandi Toksvig, Noel Fielding, Prue Leith (photo: Mark Bourdillon, © Love Productions/Channel 4)
- BAKE OFF’S CANDICE BROWN ON CAKE, KITCHEN DISASTERS & LIPSTICK
- RECIPE: EARL GREY & LEMON CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM
- NEW BAKE OFF JUDGE PRUE LEITH REVEALS HER RECIPE FOR HAPPINESS
- NADIYA HUSSAIN SHARES RECIPES FROM HER NEW BOOK
- ERIC LANLARD ON THE IMPACT OF THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF
- WHAT WOULD BAKE OFF’S MARY BERRY DO?