Andrew Maxwell has just landed in the I’m A Celeb jungle, and now you can win two tickets to see the Irish comic at Winter Wonderland Comedy Club in Hyde Park
Winter Wonderland Comedy Club – last year’s phenomenal new comedy club – is back at Hyde Park for its second year with an even bigger and better line-up, playing host to the circuit’s finest stars and top up-and-coming talent.
Spin the rides, shop til you drop, skate on the famous ice rink and then laugh at the likes of Marcus Brigstocke, Lost Voice Guy, Milton Jones, Zoe Lyons, Andrew Maxwell, Abandoman, Jayde Adams and host Emmanuel Sonubi.
Tickets are just £15, but you and a friend could go for free by entering our competition to win tickets to see comedian Andrew Maxwell, who is performing in the famous heated MegaDome from 12-14 December with Jayde Adams opening the show.
Renowned for his cutting-edge comedy and intrepid social commentary, Andrew has appeared on Live At The Apollo (BBC One), Have I Got News For You (BBC One), Celebrity Juice (ITV2) and Mock The Week (BBC Two). And you’re about to get even more familiar with this character, as he’s just arrived in the jungle for the latest series of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.
The Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Comedy Club, presented in association with The Evening Standard, runs from 21 November until 21 December. Shows start at 9pm and last 45 minutes. Find out more here.
To enter the competition, fill out the form below:
Winter Wonderland Comedy Club:
ZOE LYONS: 21 & 22 November
After winning the Funny Women Competition in 2004, Zoe’s debut Edinburgh show was nominated for the if.comedy newcomer award. In 2008 she won Dave’s Funniest Joke of The Fringe Award and has gone on to appear on numerous TV shows from Mock the Week, Live at the Apollo, The Wright Stuff, Michael McIntyre Roadshow and many more. She can also regularly be heard on Radio 4 and performs at various festivals around the world.
MARCUS BRIGSTOCKE: 23 November
Marcus Brigstocke’s won the BBC New Comedian Award at the Edinburgh Festival in 1996. He is now regarded as a major comedy, writing and acting talent, performing stand up nationally to sell out audiences on tour. Marcus has notched up an impressive list of TV credits including his role as team captain on Argumental (Dave), and host of The Late Edition and I’ve Never Seen Star Wars (BBC Four). Other appearances include Live At The Apollo (BBC One), Have I Got News For You (BBC One), Mock the Week (BBC Two), QI (BBC Two), Sorry I’ve Got No Head (BBC One), The Late Edition (BBC Four), and the 11 O’Clock Show (Channel 4).
MILTON JONES: 28-30 November
A regular on Mock the Week (BBC2), Milton has also appeared on Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow (BBC1), Live at the Apollo (BBC1) and headlined Dave’s One Night Stand. In 2011, Milton’s radio show won a silver Sony Award, as well as winning Chortle Headliner of the Year for his stand up. His radio show was also nominated for a Writers Guild Award in 2012, and he has just finished his 10th series on Radio 4. He is a previous Perrier Best Newcomer and Nominee, Sony Award winner and British Comedy Award nominee. His sitcom pilot The House of Rooms written with Dan Evans went out on Channel 4 in January 2012 and he has also recorded three hugely successful live DVD’s. Milton has also written a novel called Where Do Comedians Go When They Die?
LOST VOICE GUY: 5-7 December
In the last 12 months since he became the first comedian to win Britain’s Got Talent, Lee Ridley has toured the UK, appeared on America’s Got Talent: The Champions and Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions. He has also published his debut book and starred in and co-written the second series of his popular radio sitcom, Ability. The first stand-up comedian to use a communication aid, Lee made his first stand-up appearance in February 2012 and took his first ever solo show to the Edinburgh Fringe in 2013 and has performed there every year since. He has performed on The Royal Variety Show, Live At The Apollo and appeared on the New Year edition of The Last Leg. His debut book, I’m Only In It For The Parking was published in May.
JAYDE ADAMS: Opener, 12-14 December
Best Newcomer nominee at the 2016 Edinburgh Comedy Festival, Jayde went on to the BBC New Talent Hotlist 2017 and has appeared as a guest on Roast Battle, Live At The Comedy Store, The Chris Ramsey Show (Comedy Central), 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (Channel 4), 8 Out of 10 Cats (E4), Dara O’Briain’s Go 8 Bit (Dave) and Russell Brand’s Stand Off for Comic Relief (BBC). Her acting credits include Russell Howard’s A Gert Lush Christmas (BBC2), A Spencer Jones Christmas (Sky Arts), Borderline (Channel 5) alongside Kerry Howard and had a guest role in Sky One’s series Sick Note, starring Nick Frost and Rupert Grint and BBC 1 / Amazon’s Good Omens alongside David Tennant and Michael Sheen.
ANDREW MAXWELL: 12-14 December
Renowned for his cutting-edge comedy and intrepid social commentary, Andrew has appeared on Live At The Apollo (BBC One), Have I Got News For You (BBC One), Celebrity Juice (ITV2) and Mock The Week (BBC Two). He is also the voice of Get Your Tats Out: Kavos Inc (Channel 5). He has had many sell-out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe and has also performed at The Amnesty / Channel Four’s Secret Policeman’s Ball (alongside Eddie Izzard, Chevy Chase and Dylan Moran), Glastonbury, Kilkenny’s Cat Laughs, The HBO US Comedy & Arts Festival in Las Vegas (alongside Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock), and several appearances at the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival. Andrew is a founder member of Altitude, a comedy festival staged in the Alps.
ABANDOMAN: 19-21 December
Ireland’s finest hip-hop musical comedian Abandoman, aka Rob Broderick, continues to sell out his fringe runs in Edinburgh and Australia each year. Abandoman supported multi-platinum artist Ed Sheeran on his sell out UK tour, enthralled audiences on Channel 4’s 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, BBC1’s The One Show and BBC2′s The Stephen K Amos Show, guested on various radio shows from Nick Grimshaw (BBC Radio 1) to Christian O Connell (Absolute Radio) and held a song writing residency with Chris Hawkin (BBC 6 Music). They also performed as the house band on Alan Carr’s Happy Hour (Channel 4 and have headlined comedy stages around the world.
EMMANUEL SONUBI: Host, 21 November-21 December
Ex-bouncer Emmanuel Sonubi has only been on the comedy circuit for what feels like five minutes and he’s already garnering himself a reputation as one to watch out for. He extracts most of his hilarious interactions with the vibrant cockneys and reprobates he has encountered. Now, as a father of two, the soon-to-be-headliner has a wealth of material of playing pranks with his kids as well as his questionable parenting skills. Since 2015 he has performed at numerous high profile clubs and festivals and has even headlined the Bestival comedy tent (by accident).
competition terms & conditions
· This competition will close at 11.45pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019
· All entries must be made in the entrant’s own full name.
· One entry per household unless expressly stated otherwise in the relevant specific terms.
· There are no prize substitutions or cash alternatives and the prizes are not transferable.
· The winner will be notified by email within 48 hours of the closing date.
· Winter Wonderland reserves the right to select an alternative winner and award the prize to another entrant in the event that: (a) it has reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened any term or condition of entry; (b) a winner has changed address to one outside of United Kingdom, Eire, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man after the closing date; (c) it is unable to contact the winner within 24 hours of selecting the winner; (d) it does not receive confirmation of the winner’s address as may be requested within 24 hours.
· Winter Wonderland will have sole and absolute discretion as to whether to accept any entry and Winter Wonderland may rely upon its own records and information in determining whether contestants are eligible to receive a prize.
· In any matters concerning any part of the competition or any part of the solution to the competition, whatsoever, Winter Wonderland decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into with you or with any other person acting on your behalf regarding the decision whatsoever.
· No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete, inaudible and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. Winter Wonderland shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
· Winter Wonderland shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner(s) under these Competitions Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
· To the extent permitted in law, Winter Wonderland shall not be liable to the winner(s) for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoters personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.