From now to 15th October, Château Cordeillan-Bages, in the Bordeaux region of Puillac is encouraging wine aficionados to pay a visit during its harvest – although don’t worry, this isn’t about the hard graft. The only grapes you’ll be picking up are those already turned into a grand cru and resting in your glass.
Instead, wine lovers will tuck into Michelin-starred meals, discover the Puillac region with experts, spend two hours tasting the best the region has to offer, and bicycle around the beautiful vineyards.
The package costs £180 per person and includes:
– A special ‘culinary welcome’ of fluted chocolate and half a bottle of Château Cordeillan-Bages
– Two nights in a superior room with buffet breakfast, staying at the four-star Relais & Chateaux hotel Château Cordeillan-Bages
– A three-course menu (starter, main, dessert) at two Michelin-starred restaurant Cordeillan-Bages
– The discovery of a Pauillac grand cru, Château Lynch-Bages, along with the Pierre Alechinsky exhibit
– A 2h30 wine tasting course, The Art of Wine Blending
– A half-day on bicycle riding to discover the vineyard and meet grape pickers (based on availabilities and date of harvest)