Nobody wants to think about the dark, cold nights of winter, but with autumn biting at our heels, it’s time to start preparing your home for the months ahead. Calor Gas shares 5 top tips for a cosy, hassle-free winter…
1. Take a look at your gutters and drains and clear any leaves or debris before the weather turns cold to prevent problems further down the line
2. Now is a great time to start thinking about making the switch to an alternative fuel, such as LPG, or the new green BioLPG from Calor. It can be used for heating and hot water, gas fires, cooking and some household appliances, such as tumble dryers.
3. Check that there are no draughts coming from your windows and fix any gaps while the weather is good, again to prevent problems further down the line and any heat loss
4. Go green with Calor. LPG has the lowest carbon emissions of any off-grid fossil fuel, emitting around 20% less CO2 per kWh than oil, with up to 38% savings if you choose BioLPG.
5. If you’re thinking of buying a new fire or fireplace, take a look now as it often takes up to eight weeks for deliver
For further information and advice see calor.co.uk