Looking for a dairy-free, gluten-free pancake recipe? You’re not alone… Check out this recipe for blueberry superfood pancakes with goji berries and coffee, courtesy of CRU Kafe co-founder, John Quilter
Blueberry Superfood Pancakes
Ingredients300g spelt flour
150ml oat milk
1 ripe banana (mashed)
1 tbsp golden caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free brand)
2. Place the goji berries in a pestle & mortar to grind the berries into a dust. Set aside.
3. Whisk the pancake ingredients together, leaving aside the blueberries.
4. Use a nonstick pan on a medium heat and add a little oil to the pan. Place an egg ring into the pan, scatter in 4-5 blueberries and pour in 3 tbsp of the pancake mix.
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes then when they are ready to turn, sprinkle 2-3 more blueberries on top and flip. This way you’ll see juicy berries sticking out of your pancakes and it significantly improves the presentation. Cook for another minute.
6. Once you have your pancakes done, stack 5 per plate, drizzle with the coffee syrup, drop a dollop of coconut yogurt on the top and sprinkle the goji dust and pecans on top. Boom!