The summer of sport is upon us, kicking off with the Women’s World Cup, segueing into Wimbledon fortnight before things really hot up with the Tour de France, the Grand Prix at Silverstone, The Ashes and Rugby World Cup.
And where are the best seats in the house to catch all the action? Your house, of course! So get the gang around and order in. With more choice than ever, there’s plenty to feed your tribe, whether you’re vegan, the buff, Lean-in-15 type, or all out street food indulgence, The Resident and Uber Eats have teamed up to help you order in a Big Night In feast…
The Vegan Gang
The vegan movement has meant that plant-based food has progressed far beyond tofu and lentils to become some of the most innovative food available in London at the moment – 100% plant-based burgers enriched with coconut oil for succulence and beetroot juice for that satisfyingly pink ‘bleed’ at the centre of the patty – we’re in! Uber Eats has plenty to choose from on the vegan front. Here’s our top three:
- Genesis: This insta-hot Shoreditch restaurant serves up 100% plant-based, organic fast-casual dining – burgers, hotdogs, tacos, nachos, fries, noodles, brownies… Choose from the likes of Korean BBQ Wings (seitan wings with sticky BBQ Korean sauce and garlic mayo), the Fried Avocado Taco (panko avocado with smokey chipotle beans, pico de gallo, sour ‘cream’ and soft corn tortilla), or the American Woman Burger (creamy coleslaw, whiskey BBQ sauce, onion rings, jalapenos, gherkins and cheddar cheese in a brioche bun – note, the patties in Genesis burgers vary, but they’re all made from vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds).
- by Chloe: The NYC vegan sensation by Chloe is another head-turning fast-casual vegan dining option with branches popping up all over London. Pick up a Quinoa Taco, with chopped romaine, spicy seitan chorizo, black beans, sweet corn, avocado, tomato, tortilla strips, tofu crèma, and agave-lime vinaigrette, Mac ‘N’ Cheese made with sweet potato-cashew cheese sauce, shiitake bacon and almond parm, or the Spicy Thai, with shredded kale, chopped romaine, apricot-sriracha glazed tempeh, almonds, quinoa, edamame, scallion, crispy wontons and peanut dressing. They do burgers, fries and cupcakes, too.
- Vegan Yes: This Brick Lane-based eatery has chalked up a lot of five-star reviews on Happy Cow for its unusual Italian-Korean fusion dishes. Kimchi Lasagna made with vegan pasta, vegan béchamel, vegan kimchi and vegan parmesan? You got it. Kimchi Bibimbap with steamed rice on a bed of raw baby spinach, red, purple and green kimchi, and sprinkles of roasted sesame seeds? Coming you way. Or how about a traditional Bolognese Lasagna, made with vegan pasta, vegan bechamel sauce, vegan bolognese sauce, vegan mozerella and vegan parmesan. Consider it yours.
The Healthy Gang
With health, wellbeing and fitness being at the fore, many of us will be trying to keep our nutrition on track this summer, but that doesn’t mean the Friday-night feast has to suffer. Check out some of our top choices for healthy indulgences on Uber Eats…
- Gym Food: The self-declared healthiest takeaway in London, Bethnal Green-based Gym Food caters those who are shredding for summer (no carbs before Marbs!) or bulking up with calorie-counted, freshly cooked food with adjustable macros, low-glycaemic carbs and lean protein sources. Choose from dishes like the Chutney Chicken Box for bulkers, the Jamaican Box for lean gainers, and the Maple Mustard Salmon Box for shredders. They do burgers, protein shakes and protein puds, too.
- Poke Zone: Poke bowls are the perfect fast food option for summer. Native to Hawaii, sushi-grade diced raw fish is served over rice and topped with vegetables and umami sauces. Choose from the Classic Ahi Poke, with avocado, cucumber and red radish with Kizami over a bed of either quinoa and salad or sushi rice and salad, a Shrimp Poke with prawns, sriracha mayonnaise, cucumber, red radish and carrot with red chili and lime, or Poke Zone’s signature poke bowl – the Huli Huli Chicken with grilled chicken, sweet teriyaki Sauce, sweetcorn, cucumber and red radish on sushi rice
- Protein Haus: With kiosks dotted around central London, Protein Haus is on a mission to take the pain out of meal prep by doing it for you. Super healthy and filling, you can choose from the likes of the Hank Marfin (tuna steak with stir-fried veg, egg noodles, mixed leaves and tomato sauce), the Builders Bowl with chicken, broccoli and brown rice, or the keto/adkins with chicken, mixed leaves, blue cheese, jalapeno, avocado and coconut oil. Browse the protein shakes and treats and fresh juices too.
The Street Food Lovers
Londoners love a street food hangout with burgers, wings, pizza and grills galore, but there’s not reason you can’t recreate that joy at home, with a little help from Uber Eats. Mix it up and order from multiple vendors so that everybody gets what they want. Here’s what we’re ordering…
- Smokin’ Lotus: Inspired by the food markets in China, this Asian BBQ street food specialist serves up beautifully slow-cook, smoked meat-based dishes. Try the likes of the 11-Hour Slow Smoked Chili Hoisin Beef Brisket Sandwich, served in a sourdough roll with mayo, homemade pickles, Asian-style slaw, coriander, spring onions, sesame seeds and chili sauce, or opt for the 8-Hour Slow Smoked Char Sui Pork Belly Salad Box, served with Japanese-style potato salad, Asian-style slaw and a creamy sesame dressing topped with picked chili, spring onions, coriander, sesame seeds and a chili sauce. Non meat-eaters are also welcome – try the Alder Wood Smoked Sesame Tofu.
- Butchies: If New York-inspired fried chicken is your thing, then look up Butchies. Based in Shoreditch, they serve Wingfest award-winning buffalo wings with a blue cheese ranch dip, as well as all kinds of fried buttermilk chicken sandwiches in soft butter-toasted buns, from the Jenny from the Block Fried with guacamole, chipotle mayonnaise and smoked streaky bacon, to the Cheesy Rider with cheese dripping, house pickle and Butchies hot sauce. Order a side of halloumi fries with Wilderbee Urban Chilli Honey and a banana milkshake and you’re all set.
- Kalamaki Street Greek: Greek food, full of flavour and with tons of options, is a great summer delivery option. Based in Covent Garden, Kalamaki Street Greek even suggests a souvlaki of the month – perfect for the indecisive or the repeat order. Choose from pita souvlaki warps like the His and Hercules (grilled chicken with maroulosalata, mama’s chips, feta cheese, fresh tomato, pickled red onion and honey mustard yoghurt sauce, served in a traditional, wholegrain or corn pita), skewers like the Cypriot halloumi or marinated king prawn, as well as chips, sides and salads. You can even build your own Spartan Box by choosing two skewers, a salad of your choice, any side, any sauce and a pita. Sounds like a winner to us.
Not a pizza in sight huh? Rest assured, there are plenty on Uber Eats – vegan pizzas, gluten-free pizzas, unadulterated cheesy pizzas – we just wanted to highlight some more original options. In fact, Uber Eats is broken down into all your favourite categories – pizza, burgers, healthy, street food, Halal, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Mexican, sushi, comfort food, desserts and even breakfast. Just plug in your address, browse, order and enjoy!
- Ad Feature Unlock the Earning Potential of Your Property with HomeAway
- London’s Boomerang Kids Save up to £17,000 a Year Living at Home
- Ad Feature HomeViews Reveals its Highest Rated Build-to-Rent Developments in London
- What is the Future of Renting in London?
- Discover the Marlin App, the ‘Uber of the Recruitment Industry’
- UBER DELIVERS FREE ICE CREAM!